Wednesday, August 4, 2010

WHAT Happened?!?!?!?!.......


Every builder is excited about the build process and nothing ever goes as planned, understandable. However that does not mean a build process that should only take 1-2months should actually take 8-10 months. Time can definitely kill your interest in a project. I wanted to try something new and I did. Each step in the process that was to be completed by someone other than myself took a significant amount of time.

In fact my car would sit around for months at a time without being worked on. Anyway as the process began to fall closer to the end a little excitement came back.

Fast forward.

Car is complete, running but working out issues.

I removed the car from the tuner's shop after only one dyno pull to fix the voltage issue which limited efficiency.

Once the voltage issue was fixed the car drove fine! Full boost of 7psi at 3500 rpm 300hp on super duper base tune. Plenty room to grow.

Ka-T, 3076, ARP head studs, Felpro head gasket, Precision 1000cc injectors, Map senor, Wideband, and stand alone management.

Car had plenty room to grow.

Driving around Saturday at full boost any chance I got was the funniest part of the build.

Until it blew.....

Tial 44mm waist gate- a vacuum line backed out therefore boosting the psi to 20lbs.

Fixed the waist gate and two runs later car died and would not start.

At that point I became upset with the total downtime of the build; I was not 100% happy with the build assuming the custom fabrication I purchased should have been better quality for the amount I paid. Mixed emotions

That night I posted the motor set up for sale, the next day I disassembled the motor and pulled it from the car.

As much money spent on the simple setup I figured I could have built the car in the direction I originally intended to.

Parts sold, cash in hand, new build begins....

Car will be running in less than 4 weeks guaranteed.

To be continued……

2 comments:

  1. Thats too bad bro. I never got to see that thing in action! So whats DPayne gonna do next? T4???????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. new motor will be in this weekend, then two weeks out for tuning :( but it will be driveable in 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete