Sunday, February 13, 2011

New direction


So I started de-looming the stock chassis harness from the 1995 240sx. Starting mapping out the engine bay wire tuck along with the ugly ugly chassis wiring that seems to hide in huge bundles under the dash when other attempt to relocate their fuse boxes.

After de-looming just the chassis harness inside of the cabin, before even getting to the engine bay I realize there has to be a better way. All the work involved would be so time consuming; to get the chassis harness to its desirable length almost 4 feet of wires would need to be removed. Same goes for the front chassis harness (engine bay). With the fuse relocation in place approximately 4 feet of unnecessary wire length would need to be de-loomed, measured, cut, soldered, wrapped, and loomed again.

The question at hand is if is worth it to me in the case of my "track car," which it was worth it with the street car to keep all the stock accessories etc. However, in this case with the "track car" I was unsure if the wiring time was worth the opportunity to utilize the stock speedometer, water temp, oil pressure, fuel, and other stock gauges on the bezel.

I decided NO, it's not worth the time which is very limited in my case and headache to complete such a complex wiring job for a track car.

Therefore the new wiring project will begin shortly, custom fuse box, all new wires, clips, stealthy shrink wrap.... The works.

In the meantime I'm in pursuit of locating the "right" motor for a heart transplant.

LS1 anyone?.... Message if I you have a killer deal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment