Monday, July 13, 2009

**Keep it off the Streets!** - Beautiful Sunday turns to Tragedy

Sunday afternoon after taking care of the more important things; I decided to head north to each lunch near Arrowhead Mall.

Usually I drive north on 75Th ave, but this time I figured the restaurant is on 83rd Ave so I minus well go north from there.

About 2:30pm heading north on 83rd ave; immediately after I pass Cactus road I notice a gold color civic coupe (probably 01-05)speeding south bound. Usually I don't pay attention to the particular vehicle however there was something weird about this one.

As I take a second look the entire front end was damaged/missing. I see damaged cars driving around after car accidents on the streets, but this one stood out because there were body parts still hanging off the car. Also the entire front end (lights, grill, front bumper, corners) were all missing.

As the car passed heading south I looked northward and and 20 yards away I immediately noticed a Dodge van wrapped around a pole laying on its driver's side.

Instinctly I veered off the road into the park and ran towards the van. There were about 10 individuals standing around the vehicle. I quickly asked around making sure the authorities were contacted and someone got the civics's license plate number.

Two individuals caught the entire car accident as it unfolded.

The Gold civic was driving southbound 100mph as it ran a red light, they hit the van so hard that it wrapped the pole and fell on its left side.

With in 2 minutes the police, ambulance, and fire truck arrived. As the event unfolded one gentleman was working towards removing the 300lb women stuck in the drivers seat, there was nothing further I could do to help.

I walked back to my car and left for lunch, my original destination.

Using the G1 here is what I saw....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment