Friday, July 24, 2009

On the road..... All Star Bash 2009 (2)

So I got a call from Pat about 12 pm as I was heading back to work from my lunch break/hair cut. Thanks to the homie Jonathan with his newly remolded pimped-out Barber shop on 27th Ave & Glendale.

"I'm going to leave work in 1 hour, can you leave work in an hour so we can get on the road," asked Pat
With this unexpected sense of urgency I got excited and say yes.

Got back to work asked to leave early, got the ok then clocked out.

Now its time to get ready!

Though it's summer time I have not had a chance to buy any shorts this year. Yes I know it's 115 degrees out here..
I definately had to stop for summer clothes after checking the temperature in Willowsprings.
The event is in the middle of the desert and todays temperature was 100 degrees at 1pm.

With only 1 cashier in the store I waisted a full hour, 30 minutes shopping and 30 minutes waisted waiting in line...
Oh well now I have to really rush...

As I arrived home I quickly threw my clothes in the duffel bag and jumped in the shower.
Probably the fastest I've ever gotten ready.

Anyway with everyone rushing bout time we stocked up on water, candy, and umbrellas from Wal-Mart we didn't hit the freeway till 5pm. Oh well Brad & Harry haven't even left yet.

On our way...

the beautiful orange tree
Photobucket

Ridin with the ladies
Photobucket

Alex stuffing his face as always
Photobucket

Pat searching for directions
Photobucket


-BTW don't mind the spelling as I'm typing from my G1....

More trip coverage to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment