Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lil Update

As previously stated; I have removed the head and head gasket. Next are all pulley systems then time to clean....

Still undecided if I should use this opportunity of extended down time to completely rebuild the motor. Cylinder walls look to be in good shape and motor never smoked. I know it's always better to upgrade or at least a fresh stock rebuild, but the down time is a killer.

At this point one can be so close yet so far away...

Decision process sucks! I'll keep you updated.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Stock head gaskets are not the best, but they do work for a long time.
Mine did not leak oil but I see a little rust at the same point in each cylinder. I

Photobucket

Photobucket

When she comes back together hopefully it looks and preforms better than it did before I got in over my head with this build...

well see,

Before
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment