Wednesday, April 1, 2009

1990 240sx project

I bought my second 240sx coupe from a local. Needless to say the car was crap! But had much potential, so I purchased it anyway. Little did I know I was in for many surprises.

As soon as the car was delivered to my door tare down began.

I immediately pulled the motor, with help from my crew (Team TOP Flight) of course.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The car was primered multiple times, there were unnecessary holes in the fire wall, wiring was a huge mess.

Coupe needed much TLC starting with a good wash..... But it came with many goodies;

So first things first; motor has been removed, interior has been removed, body was stripped.

Months passed by as time moves so fast when your having fun. After quite a while of delays it was time for paint.

Paint was completed, however I got a little side track as I purchased a (RHD) right hand drive s13 clip to add on to the project before paint. That was one of the main reasons why the build was held off.

Once I re focused it was time to "get er done."

Coupe was painted 08 Charger red and hyper white interior. Though it was painted it took me some time to get it right.

The coupe could have been consider the "Mitch Match King" as it rolled with only 3 Professor SP1's and only had one mounted bucket seat, it had triple projector head lights which were played out, not to mention it was an Offset disaster...

sorta like a sunken battle ship....

Photobucket

After a few slaps on the back of my head by the boys I had to take action and properly kit the couple.

Finished product;

SR20DET
2871 turbo
Sard injectors
Tomei manifold
HKS step 2 (264)
Silvia front end conversion
Origin front and rear lights

Origin over fenders
Version select Body kit
roll cage
Corbeau GT bucket seats

Suspension consisting of many Nismo and Apexi items
Nissan 300z brake upgrade
Sparco DS2 racing wheels

SPECIAL Thanks to my buddy Dax @
DMR Photography (http://roflhouserock.blogspot.com/)
for donating a few photos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



And Special Thanks to Harry AKA Boost who can be found on (http://teamtopflight.blogspot.com/) he was there for Dyno pics and video

Photobucket

Photobucket



S13 240sx SR20DET w/ 2871R Turbo 330whp Dyno @ Dynocomp (Team Top Flight) from Team TopFlight on Vimeo.

Last but not least.... Pics I took

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Shoot that Day was very fun! To Top it off we found this Bum sleeping on the side of the street...

Had to take a pic...

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were laughing so hard that we woke him up...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment