Friday, April 17, 2009

Insomnia Project s14 Blog 1

Ever have one of those nights were no matter what you do you can’t sleep...

Tonight I had experienced my first case of insomnia.

For those who actually have the disease, I highly doubt it's because they can't stop thinking about cars such as I.

Not just cars in general, but that next project car- you know.

You have so many plans; "I'm going to do this differently this time, I'm going to spend money in these particular areas, I'm going to focus here, I have to write, re-write, and write my parts list again".....

It goes on and on; for some of us at least.

With so much anticipation we just can't sleep sometimes. I even thought a breakfast burrito at 2am would make me tired so I could fall asleep...
Didn't happen, it was good though.

The project car I'm referring to is project S14 (duh duh dunnnnnn)

Yes; a new project car with a purpose!

The only problem is once the main purpose for the build is decided on I read/review another article, or chat with another builder, or think of more options that just run ramped through my head all day and night; leaving me here.... Blogging at 3:30 in the morning. =(

So; the car I've decide on is a 1995 Nissan 240sx.
My previous 240sx had a few upgraded items when I first purchased it.
So this build here is ALL MINES! From start to finish... What and accomplish that will be once complete.

I'm trying to teach myself patience for the betterment of the build, but I want to drive oh so bad.

This 240sx caught my eye as it was 100% stock. Not a scratch on the undercarriage, no bends on the frame rails, no random holes cut in the fire wall. 100% stock!

I did not mind the motor (KADE) being blown as I knew I would be swapping it any way.

Did I mention it is and Auto =)

How much "Drifting" or damage could one do to an auto?.... hopefully not that much.

This one seems to be in the exact condition I was looking for as a "Project car."

I believe I've purchased the s14 aka "14" almost 8-10 months ago. I don't remember exactly because she has been resting for a while now.

108k on the chassi
Photobucket

Clean interior(minus seat color)
Photobucket

Photobucket

KADE
Photobucket

However; the very first week she arrived to my house we got acquainted. I tore into her ripping out all her insides with no remorse.

Motor removed, all interior removed, all exterior body panels removed, and wiring harnesses removed. Leaving a bare naked shell.

(items removed)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bare naked Lady

Photobucket


The project was put on hold because I was very close to the completion of my s13 (banner).

Though one opportunity raised and I took it without thinking twice.

During the winter months I had the opportunity to have my s14 caged at Full Race while business was slowing down during the cold season. I knew from day one exactly how I wanted the cage to be so I jumped on the opportunity.


I called a few of the guys and let them know about the situation; one thing we need though before arriving was dry ice. In order to remove the stock sound deadening we needed to pick up dry ice to speed up the caging process.

Funny thing is when ever you need some thing no one has it! Four stores later we finally located dry ice at Fry's off 75th and Thomas fyi.

A hour behind and it was already dark, but the night had just begun. A few hours later, numerous jokes, a lot of learning, and a few bruised knuckles; both the front and rear window were removed. All remaining wiring was removed and all sound deadening minus one piece that i still need to remove. It was time for the cage.

The caged was fabricated with Dom seamless 1.5 .095 steel. This cage allows me to run in any NASA, Formula D, Auto-x, or any form of spirited driving class which requirements a cage for competition. (Though at this rate it may never see the street)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


So since the cage she has been sitting; giving me insomnia thinking about the build options over and over and over again. Though I have a pretty clear idea of her purpose, I tend to get side track some times.

Stay tuned for build updates as parts will be ordered and the main question will be answered;

s13 sr20det (built)
Kade-Turbo (built)
2jz (turbo upgrade)

once the heart is installed the soul will be revived.....

No comments:

Post a Comment