Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Nova You've been waited for... ATTENTION to DETAIL

First off I'd like to apologize to all of you who check the blog regularly.
We can all agree that for some reason this last week has flown by oh so fast.

Needless to say I may be traveling to document upcoming events in the month of May such as; eibach, royal flush meet, and possibly D1. Of course, things may come up but so far the all trips are on the schedule book.

Back to the subject at hand!

Sunday afternoon I was supposed to go hang out with a few friends, but I was running late.
Running late is not something I plan to do but some how happens often.
Well if running late couldn't be anymore perfect this last Sunday I don't know what could. Thank goodness for my screwed up sense of time.

As I pull up to my main street to make a right turn I look left to make sure I am clear to go. I see the cars coming are about half a mile away, I start to merge right but right before I do I take one more look to the left as something bright caught my eye.

As I focus my attention I see not one but two beautiful muscle cars heading east toward my direction. As they passed the sight became even more glorious. The first car looked to be a 69 Camaro and the second, yes you guessed it "The Nova You've been waiting for"...

It may seem a little stockerish but I could not miss the opportunity. As the two cars passed me I quickly made a right turn to get a better look at them. Surprisingly they turn into the housing development half mile away.

So what do I do... Yes :) followed

Now if I were either of these guys I would not go home but lose the geek obviously following us down the street. And that is exactly what I thought they did.

Quarter mile down the street both cars turn in the opposite direction. So I thought to myself; left or right.

Being that the right turn is more natural and the direction of the bright colored Nova, that was the turn I took.

As the driver noticed I was obviously following him he pulled over. I quickly as him if I could take just a few pictures of his car. Weather freaked out or not he said yes.

He even asked where, I told him at the park down the street. He agreed, but as we started to drive away he pulled over again. He said "I'll meet you there". Now I didn't know what to think. He seem genuine so I drove to the park anyway.

At this time it had to be 95 degrees outside as I stood outside my vehicle waiting for the Nova to show.

Finally he does!


Photobucket

Introduction to this historic beauty is not necessary, possibly because the words would not come together, you be the judge.

See one would share my enthusiasm if you grew up loving the raw "muscle" tone and bulging beauty of these historic American cars.

Jr (Nova owner) and I spent more time together than either of us had planned. Though I wish we could have hung out more, there will be more fun days to come.

Jr is the second owner of the original Arizona car, where it was first purchased from is not hard to find.

Photobucket


The item that threw me off was the top.

According to Super Chevy.com; "The 1972 and 1973 were the only years the sky roof was available in the Nova line..Out of a total of 349,733 Novas built in 1972, only 6,822 units received the sky roof option. To say it is rare is and understatement, especially one that is intact and operational."

So yes; when I noticed the sky roof I was blown away.

Photobucket


If it's not candy paint then its painted jet black, if its not jet black its chrome.



They say a picture is worth 1000 words...

Since a thousand words can't describe the time, effort, and money put into Jr.'s Nova, enjoy the pics.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you for taking the time to share your car with us Jr.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Good story, that's a hot car. Good to see others reppin AZ! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete